14.2.11

Exhibit Ex

Politics in Print at Exeter Phoenix, January 2011
Matt Burrows, Curator at the Exeter Phoenix kindly sent through some documentation of the Politics in Print exhibition from last month. It's great to see all the commissioned work together again and Matt tells me the show was very well received. I was excited for Semper Fidelis to be installed in Gallery 1 - a great space for installation that left an impression on me after my first visit to the Phoenix last summer - and it's brilliant to be able to see the work in situ within the context of Exeter city and Devon County which is portrayed through the layers of narrative in my work.
I also received news from Katherine Weston from the Devon Record Office this week that details of the artists, including myself and Semper Fidelis, were featured in the Record Office's Winter 2010/11 newsletter which can be viewed online here. The Politics in Print exhibition reaches the finish line at the end of this month at The Plough Arts Centre in Great Torrington - if you're Devon-bound in the coming weeks click here for more information about the exhibition as well as opening times.
A big thank you to Matt and Katherine for keeping me posted with the political news!