14.9.11

Double Vision

Dear loyal followers, over the next two weeks I'm undergoing the final stages of surgery to both of my eyes and I therefore apologise for my lack of posting since the weekend. The sensation of not being able to focus at all in one eye is one that I hope will be only temporary - so until I am gifted with clarity, I thought it would be rather appropriate to share a selection of my favourite Gerhard Richter works of the necessary and not-so-necessary items of the everyday, in all their unfocused glory... 
 Rokokotisch (Rococo Table) 1964
 Flämische Krone (Flemish Crown) 1965
 Klorolle (Toilet Paper) 1965
 Zaum (Fence) 2008
Chicago 1992

During my mini-break from the blogosphere you can still follow me @JMVELARDI for the latest #highlife and #lowlife news, all in one hundred and forty characters and all just about bearable before the paracetamol have to come out!